Healthy Start Program @ Liggett ES
Greetings from your Healthy Start Navigator.
My name is Soraya Fallah, and I am delighted to have the opportunity to serve the Liggett Street E. School community as the Healthy Start Student and Family Resources Navigator.
Let me tell you about our program and how I can support you!
Our school is one of 357 Healthy Start schools across LAUSD. The Healthy Start Support Services for Children Act was created to improve student learning and support families. Healthy Start enhances efforts to close the achievement gap by helping children and their family members gain access to an array of supports that meet the needs of the whole child, school, and community.
As a Healthy Start Navigator, the Program allows me to provide:
- Case management services for parents and students including low-income, English Language Learners, and foster youth.
- Extensive referral and linkages to academic supports; basic needs like food, shelter, clothes, medical, dental, vision, and mental health services; and parent education opportunities including employment.
- Building partnerships with community-based agencies that deliver services to meet our school’s unique needs.
- Outreach and enrollment assistance for families applying for low and no-cost health insurance programs such as Covered California, Medi-Cal, Medi-Cal Expansion, Kaiser Child Health, and other programs under the Affordable Care Act (commonly referred to as Obama Care).
Parent and Family Members
Teacher and Staff Members
What is Healthy Start/Who We are and How we serve
Where we are (Find our locations and centers)
How to request an assistance
- Fundraising for Turkey Drive for Thanksgiving with YMCA
- Fundraising: COVID products for school
- Holiday Gift, USC Game tickets
- Christmas Toy Drive
- COVID-19: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Distribution
We have Hotline and Helpdesk:
To reach LAUSD's Student & Family Wellness Helpdesk call 213-241-3840 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). Please call for support with mental health, immunizations, health insurance, food & housing, enrollment, and more.